Teviotdale Harriers Welfare Officer – Lorna Walker
Scottish Athletics Welfare and Child Protection page – here
A copy of the UKA Child Protection Policy – here
Child Protecting Flowchart – here
Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) – here
Volunteer Scotland Disclosure Scotland (VSDS) – guidance
Teviotdale Harriers Photographic Policy:
Teviotdale Harriers is committed to providing a safe environment for children/young people under the age of 18 to participate in athletics. Essential to this commitment, is to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect children/young people from the inappropriate use of photographic images. Teviotdale Harriers have adopted the following good practice guidelines.
- Through the use of our membership form, we will ask for the permission of young athletes and their carers to take and use their image.
- We will NEVER publish personal details (email addresses, telephone numbers, addresses etc) of a child/young person.
- We will only authorise the use of images of players in suitable dress.
- We will not allow unsupervised access to players or one to one photo sessions at events.
- We will not approve/allow photo sessions outside the events or at a athletes home.
- We will act on the concerns of any athletes and parents regarding the inappropriate use of photographic equipment.
Teviotdale Harriers running events are organised in public spaces and where images are taken in public places, there are only limited restrictions in how such images may subsequently be used: for example, if the image wrongly suggests official endorsement by the athlete, or unless there is something unusually intrusive in the material.
If a photograph taken in a public space is published any legal issue is likely to fall on the publisher or the photographer.