Borthwick Trophy

Senior Ladies

The Borthwick Trophy was donated by Mr and Mrs Kenny Borthwick in 1964 and was introduced for the ladies championships.

The course currently starts at the Museum, Avenue, Wilton Park Road, Violet Woods, Dunk, Langland’s Bridge, Spetch, Laurie Bridge, before finishing back at the Museum.

The original course was 1.5 miles and took in Museum, Avenue, Wilton Park Road, Waterfall, Walled Garden path, utting green, Langland’s Bridge, Spetch, Laurie Bridge, Museum.

The first ever winner was E. Petrie.


Original course record holder:

  • P. Cairns, 1979 – 8:54

The athletics club for Hawick and area since 1889.