Coaches & Coaching
With our qualified coaches, Teviotdale Harriers is committed to providing a safe environment for children/young people under the age of 18 to participate in athletics. Further Welfare information available here.
In line with UK and Scottish Athletics best practice we take a long view of our members and our coaching structure is designed to support this.
- We currently run four training groups based roughly on age and abilities with the distinct chance of progression as runners develop.
- We aim to bring people together from all parts of the Hawick community, to move in the same positive direction.
- We work to provide a family orientated, happy, healthy, enthusiastic atmosphere to run and socialize whilst supporting the community and local schools.
- We hope to use our passion for running to build friendships, provide encouragement and improve ourselves with no regard to age, cultural differences, gender, pace or experience.
Teviotdale Harriers as a club will:
- Encourage and support improvement in the athletic capabilities of our members.
- Provide coaching in a safe and secure environment.
- Provide competitive opportunities for all members, on an individual and team basis, in both club events and District/National levels.
- Regularly communicate to members on current and future activities.
What we ask from members in return:
- Arrive at training promptly, suitably prepared for physical activity.
- Always try to the best of their ability.
- Only attend training when prepared and physically able to train properly.
- Be courteous and respectful to all coaches, officials and helpers at all times.
- Be courteous and respectful to club mates and members of other clubs at all times.
- Encourage and support their club mates.
- Respect the property and equipment used at training.
- Be prepared to compete for club teams and in individual competitions.